Silicones are used within the chemical industry as processing aids. The most common requirement is for an antifoaming agent.
Whenever liquids are moved, pumped or agitated there is a risk of foam being developed. Large amounts of foam will often slow down the production process, inhibit chemical reactions and impair product performance.
ACC Silicones produce both silicone and non-silicone antifoams.
- Adhesive manufacture
- Food washing
- Detergents, cleaners and polishes formulations
- Pharmaceutical and food preparation processes
- Petrochemical and agrochemical industry
- Textile and leather industry
- Pulp and paper production
- Wastewater-treatment plants
- Paints, coatings and dispersions formulations
For further information refer to the antifoam pages